Solutions Architect (SAP BTP)
Based in Melbourne, VIC
- Full-time contract role: 3 months with the possibility of extension
- Competitive day rate, start asap
- As Solutions Architect you influence the digital transformation of a globally established organisation
About the Solutions Architect role
Are you experienced in the SAP Business Technology Platform?
Do you have deep knowledge in SAP ERP and SAP ECC6?
Have you gained this experience in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment?
Do you enjoy uncovering the potential of the current technology ecosystem, know how to translate this into business benefits and build on it?
And do you get excited about creating meaningful and commercially viable solutions, and about engaging with stakeholders and end users?
Executive Consulting Group has a proven track record of helping businesses and individuals achieve their full potential.
Our client specialises in manufacturing with sites across the globe.
Our client’s new Solutions Architect will manage the Architecture Roadmap for the Digital Transformation for our client. This includes ensuring that the technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure and supportable and leverage the SAP Business Technology Platform investment.
This position works closely with Project CDO & PM to present future architecture for the transformation to the Architecture Review Board.
The Solutions Architect’s responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations
- Spearheads the development, implementation and communications of the Architecture Roadmap Strategies to ensure the technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure and supportable and achieve Business and IT performance and budgetary objectives.
- Provides guidance to IT application team on Architecture’s Framework, Patterns, Best Practices, approved technologies and tools/solutions.
- Lead a continuous assessment process to ensure the systems are achieving metrics and IT objectives.
- Lead communication effort to ensure that Applications leaders are fully knowledgeable of new technologies, tools and solutions and their impact to their organizations.
- Lead the Architecture assessment and communications for system retirements and migrations to new platforms.
- Establish solid relationships with approved vendors and industry analysts to ensure the latest technology trends.
- Leading, developing, implementing and maintaining Architecture Road map strategies for improving system scalability, reliability, supportability, security, and performance.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with key internal and external clients to ensure that business needs are fully understood, and IT solutions are fully aligned to meet the stated business needs.
- Lead the Architecture assessment planning for system retirements and migrations to new platforms.
- Provide guidance to IT application teams on Architecture’s Frameworks, Patterns, Best Practices, and Programming concepts.
- Solid Architecture skills to assess vendor solutions from an overall Enterprise strategic perspective versus tactical perspectives.
- Assist with the project management of the end-to-end solution life cycle
- Assist in the development of key presentation materials for Senior Leadership Team
Is this you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 5+ years’ experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment
- Experience in application management and stewardship
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SAP and specialist in SAP Business Technology Platform
- Proven experience in digital and SAP Commerce
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment highly regarded
- Deep understanding of the SAP architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines.
- Exemplary consulting skills and a track record of applying these skills as a practicing architect.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organisation levels
- Experience in development and project management processes and understanding in methodologies including common roles, responsibilities, and key deliverables.
- Strong knowledge and skill in the use of systems including business intelligence and reporting, SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Proven experience with data warehousing and reporting technologies
The successful candidate
- Deliver outcomes
- Ensures accountability – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives results – consistently achieving results even under difficult circumstances
- Has a strong customer focus – building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions
- Develop & Coach
- Demonstrates self-awareness – using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils trust – gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Inspire & Engage
- Drives vision and purpose – painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Drives engagement – creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organisation to achieve its objectives
- Manages ambiguity – operating effectively when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Innovate & Improve
- Has a strategic mindset – seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Optimises work processes – knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Cultivates innovation – creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful
- Nimble Learning: actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Collaborates – building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared objectives
- Values differences, drives inclusion – recognising the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organisation
- An inclusive and supportive culture within an organisation which encourages personal and professional growth
- Join a global company and influence the digital transformation of an established organisation
- An organisation that places high value on its people and its customers and partners
- A place where you’re encouraged to think on your feet and your ideas are truly heard
How to apply for the Solutions Architect role
If you have the skills required and would like to work with an employer who recognises and rewards great performance, this job should be yours!
If this is the role for you then apply now or call Sunny van Angelsen for a confidential chat. Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence, and only forwarded to our client with your prior acceptance.
Go back to the Careers page for more job opportunities.