Technical Project Consultant
Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Put your skills as Technical Project Consultant to work, whilst you’re evolving into an SME/Consultant who will grow and lead your team of internal consultants
- Rare opportunity to have real, long-term career progression options in an established SaaS organisation
- Full-time, permanent role with flexible working arrangements
About the Technical Project Consultant Role
Our client’s Technical Project Consultant is a key position within the Service Delivery team, supporting our client’s customers, consultants, key technical partners and channel partners. The Technical Project Consultant will collaboratively manage the Professional Services team in their region. The Technical Project Consultant will participate in Consulting Practice Management, contribute to the achievement of forecasted utilisation and revenue for the team, services sales support, team scheduling, and engagement oversight.
This role will contribute to and grow the Service Delivery team, helping to deliver successful project outcomes for clients, whilst meeting budgets and exceeding targets via cross-selling and managing scope creep. The long-term vision for this role is to evolve into becoming the Subject Matter Expert on our client’s products and to directly grow and ultimately manage a team of consultants in the APAC region, leading an internal consulting practice for our client.
Our client is on a major growth trajectory and is now looking to hire a Technical Project Consultant with strong technical skills to assist with project-critical work to ensure on-time delivery for the customer and not lose sight of concurrently running projects that need to be delivered.
With an international footprint in the software (SaaS) industry, our client’s offices stretch all around the globe and their solutions are utilised across organisations covering all industries.
Is this you?
- Is SQL Server Databases what you live and breathe? Can you do SQL joins in your sleep?
- Are you proficient in Data Warehouse concepts and schema, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services?
- Do you also have experience in BI technologies, ERP systems and other databases?
- Do you have the all-encompassing skills and are excited about working several implementation projects concurrently?
- Is your career goal to become a Lead Consultant with your own team to grow and lead and really make it your own?
To be considered for this role, you will:
- Have 3+ years’ experience in increasingly progressive role as a Technical Project Manager, Consultant, Sr. Consultant and/or Solution Architect
- Have 3+ years’ experience in Data Analytics and relevant tools
- Proven tenure as a Professional Services team member, Project Manager and a track record of successful engagements in BI and Data Analytics
- Experience in writing code and building meaningful reports
- Experience with Microsoft BI technologies, other BI products and good knowledge of SQL Server databases, Data Warehouse concepts and schemas, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services is required
- Experience in creating, understanding, customising, changing and embedding structure, processes and procedures that are adopted across the organisation
- Ability to lead multiple projects and provide resolutions to complex problems
- Experience working in a client-facing technical service environment
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong collaboration, leadership, organisation and the ability to work well in teams is required
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
More about the role:
- The first six to twelve months will be very practical and hands on, being an integral contributor in the successful implementation of our client’s products with the end users
- Manage critical escalations from key customers, partners and our client’s consultants
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for the achievement of team project targets, and possesses the confidence to keep the team accountable to their KPIs
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to identify upsell opportunities to uplift the team’s billable utilisation
- Ensure accurate capture of time spent on projects and collaborate with the billing department to ensure accuracy
- Prepare SOW’s and managing timelines, milestones and technical resources to ensure all deadlines are met to ensure customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with other Consultants to ensure highest levels of productivity amongst staff
- Support Professional Services definition and estimation, alongside the Sales team, for both new prospects and existing customers
- With help from the General Manager – APAC, manage the Professional Services revenue forecast and reporting
- Participate in the recruitment and on-boarding planning for all levels of consulting staff
- Work with the Service Delivery and Education team to develop “best practices” and processes as it equates to scale our client’s solutions for key functional business areas
- Participate, as required, in multiple key projects, providing expertise relative to our client’s solutions
- Critically evaluate the work of technical staff and with the help of the General Manager – APAC, hold staff accountable for the quality of solutions and time spent
- Develop documentation and processes for our client’s key consulting solutions/services to provide a consistent delivery approach, where applicable
- Provide guidance to technical project resources to solve a variety of complex reporting requirements
- Assist in refining the estimation processes and delivering new service offerings periodically; own accurate estimation and scope definition to support execution
- Have the initiative to check-in with the team(s) for progress updates for reporting upwards
- Ultimately own the technical staff’s technical development as agreed with our client’s leadership team
- Ultimately fulfill all responsibilities/qualifications of all subordinate consulting roles on an as-needed basis
- Own the management of scheduling resources for all engagements requested
More about you:
The person we are looking for is an SQL guru who lives and breathes this database and knows how to work with SQL and Analytics in their sleep. They put their technical skills to work now, whilst they’re evolving into an SME/Consultant who will grow and lead their team of internal consultants.
You furthermore will have:
- Outstanding attention to detail, ease with numbers and data, and the ability to draw out insights and find the best solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations with a clear and concise story
- Strong problem-solving skills with structured thinking and approach
- The ability to pick up new concepts and ideas quickly
- A high level of maturity and confidence and strong interpersonal skills to lead a team and build relationships across the organisation and with clients alike
- Pride in their growth mindset
- A degree in IT or business-related fields will be useful but is not essential
- An inclusive and supportive culture within an organisation which encourages personal and professional growth and offers outstanding career progression opportunities
- Join a global company and work on projects for mid-size to Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 organisations
- Rare opportunity to have real, long-term career progression options in an established technology organisation
- Put your technical skills to work now, whilst growing into the SME who will grow and lead your team of internal consultants
How to apply for the Technical Project Consultant role:
If you have the skills required and would like to work with an employer who recognises and rewards great performance, this job should be yours!
If this is the role for you, then apply now or call Sunny van Angelsen on 0424 364 678 for a confidential chat.
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence, and only forwarded to our client with your prior acceptance.
Go back to the Careers page for more job opportunities.