Business Development Manager – IT – Government Sector
Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Work with outstanding Australian software and fantastic customers
- Collaborative team environment that celebrates achievement and success
- Vibrant and progressive culture with genuine senior career advancement
About The Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Development Manager to join a dynamic team. Reporting to the General Manager you will have responsibility to identify and drive new business opportunities within new and existing accounts.
We’re looking for a hunter, someone who likes to open doors and also naturally works in collaboration with others to identify, build and maximise key existing client relationships to maximise their sales. Our client currently has PSA agreements, contract opportunities, existing relationships with various Australian local, state and federal governments and global companies across Australia ready to be exploited.
As an experienced Business Development Manager you will demonstrate:
- A track record of successfully solution selling Software or Technology into the government sector
- Demonstrated experience developing business in various government departments
- A level of credibility and knowledge of IT
- Demonstrated experience negotiating
- Optimistic and persuasive communication
- Hunter nature – always hungry for the next opportunity
- The ability to influence an outcome
- Self-motivation and a hunger for success
- A want for personal and professional development
- The attitude that success is only up to you!
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Will have about 5 years sales experience and a proven track record in selling IT solutions to the government sector
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to deliver professional presentations and proposals to government (desirable)
- Thrive on making sales and enjoy developing strong relationships with prospects and clients
- Be highly organised, take direction and possess strong time management skills
- Be down to earth, friendly and genuinely helpful
- The desire to always follow through
How to apply
If you have the skills required and would like to work with an employer who recognizes and rewards good performance, this job should be yours!
If this is the role for you then apply now or call Ricardo Barriga on 0406 031 461 for a confidential chat.
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence, and only forwarded to our client with your prior acceptance.